Thread: Brain drain would be better than brain in the drain

Blog Entries

Default Brain drain would be better than brain in the drain

I am a NRI, don't intend to return to India for good. I am a patriot, but I show my patriotism by earning here and helping poor students in India. I keep Indian passport too. you know what I mean? I don't need to be in India to show patriotism. If you are in good position overseas, don't go back to India for work, that's my 2 cents. i came across this http://www.india-today.com/itoday/08021999/nri.html thru a friend. this was written 9 years ago, but I think it still holds true. read it and let me know what u think.

that makes me give a second look at my future plans.Here in India we talk about patriotism, brain drain etc etc but when we have to make a decision we don't think about all that.If the NRIs are scrificing a better lifestyle for the sake of nation the least they expect is appreciating it but it never happens.We'll have to agree that India is full of corruption and nothing really goes right here.I appreciate that you are doing a good job of helping poor students out here in India.But I still feel that even after competing my MS I'll stay back in India and work for Dr. Abdul Kalam's vision2020....that's my vision...

Quote Originally Posted by manisha View Post
    that makes me give a second look at my future plans.Here in India we talk about patriotism, brain drain etc etc but when we have to make a decision we don't think about all that.If the NRIs are scrificing a better lifestyle for the sake of nation the least they expect is appreciating it but it never happens.We'll have to agree that India is full of corruption and nothing really goes right here.I appreciate that you are doing a good job of helping poor students out here in India.But I still feel that even after competing my MS I'll stay back in India and work for Dr. Abdul Kalam's vision2020....that's my vision...
    Real good though manisha... to add to your thoughts there are small organizations in every state/city working for AB vision india 2020... if you have time you can join one of these clubs organizations and surely there will be alot you can contribute.

PM for details on the organizations...

I have no idea about any such organization naither do my friends.I stay in vishakhapatnam(vizag).Do u know any organization here.I would love to join.

I Love To Stay in India, Whatever, the world thinks.

india is definitely a sweet home

Default NRIs are more patriotic

It is an untold truth that Indians are more patriotic outside India. Growing with the grave realities of the country like poverty, unemployment and corruption makes the fellow Indians unfeeling and numb. A visit to India after a living in a foreign country where things are in apple pie order creates the stir in NRI s to contribute their mite in making our country prosperous. This undoubtedly is an upward trend. In the present era of globalization, it is unwise to restrict ourselves to the four walls by citing brain drain as a reason. Definitely brain drain is better than brain going in the drain.
    Last edited by vasanth; 15-01-09 at 02:11 AM.

Thumbs up Be positive...

while appreciating the patriotism of NRIs, one cannot underestimate the talented youngsters at home contributing their mite despite poor conditions/less recognition and appreciation. instead of demoralising them by saying brain drain is better than brain in the drain, why can't u NRI youth support your counterparts at home by joining hands with them and promote ur as well as their careers and also help in building an economically and socially stronger India? today's youth has great ideas and ways. so it is upto you people to explore the possibilities of strengthening our nation from outside or inside.
    likeminded youth in India shd start forming groups and become one great party nationwide politically and the best times are yet to come under the leadership of youngsters like you. i am sure APJ's 2020 dream isn't far away when the youth are motivated and the rt kind of opportunity is given at the rt time.