Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sex education in schools or not?

Exclamation sex education in schools or not?

sex education in schools or not?

well i must say u hav started a good thread!!

Sex Education in schools is a must!!

Firstly this education at a tender age of life will create awareness among the students abt the happenings outside.
    Secondly there are many parents who do not educate their children abt these important things(maybe out of shyness or due to other reasons).so atleast from school they can cum to know abt these things.
    thirdly this piece of education can help them in being alert in many tough situations in life ahead.

Blog Entries

sure. no question. sex education in schools would prevent lot of tragedies in kids' life. but, this kind of education in India need good teachers in the school. Explaining sex related issues to kids is not an easy thing to do. this should start from 6th std, kids should be aware of basics when they reach puberty --- for both boys and girls. do boys reach puberty, i think so :-) you don't call it puberty, but they reach the stage where they get harmones flowing all over. to make all these work, teachers have to be trained first about how to teach sex education to kids. i am sure lot of parents will be against it without understanding it completely.

Ofcourse its a mundane issue.
    I recently was the nodal resourse person for adolescent education to cbse schools. I have to add some points that
    Sex education should not be called so, better call it adolescent education.atleast the taboo for the word sex will be avoided.
    Its not only making aware of changes in sexual behaviour but also psychological and social behavoiur. the attention is equally important in these areas.
    Even the parents have to be educated how to deal with the transformation in their teenage child.
    In schools, the counsellor should be very much comfortable with the kids and vice versa. The classes for the same should be taken separately for the boys and girls.

Quote Originally Posted by jyothi_pv1 View Post
    Ofcourse its a mundane issue.
    I recently was the nodal resourse person for adolescent education to cbse schools. I have to add some points that
    Sex education should not be called so, better call it adolescent education.atleast the taboo for the word sex will be avoided.
    Its not only making aware of changes in sexual behaviour but also psychological and social behavoiur. the attention is equally important in these areas.
    Even the parents have to be educated how to deal with the transformation in their teenage child.
    In schools, the counsellor should be very much comfortable with the kids and vice versa. The classes for the same should be taken separately for the boys and girls.
    That's all a very useful piece of information.Thanx.

Much more than school I would always suggest a start of sex education at home. If the parents can make their kids aware of this at the right age, their would be nothing better than that. At times, teaching al this in a class of 20-40 students causes embarrassment. So I think the initial part should be dont by parents.

Sex education in schools is a must. At the same time we have to make sure that the syllabus fits to our Indian culture. I have seen a copy of the prescribed syllabus by our ministry. In the sixth standard book, they have explained about "how to wear a condom?" (yeah, very need of a 6th std guy) "how to check expiry date of a condom" , "what is the feel you'll get at your first ____" etc., it has more craps than this which i cannot put it in this forum. They have few good things too. Like "touches". "how to differentiate between a normal touch and a harassing touch".

Many NGOs in india are now fighting to correct the syllabus to indian pattern since our Govt has adopted the same western syllabus over here.

Unregistered

Arrow get the goal

Quote Originally Posted by prasunkuls View Post
    sex education in schools or not?
    well its a high tech age and in todays fast moving world the student of sixth standard is aware abut every thing which we expect from a matured person.
    This is result media and entertainment world,internet and the technology.
    the knowledge of sex is something which cannot be taught but instead , the student can be guided towards the correct direction as far as the sex education or rather sex guidance is concerned.
    This guidance would include effects on our sex organ and preventing our sex organ etc.
    well it doesnot require a full-fledged syllabus or a special teacher to be aapointed but a science teacher can also "GUIDE" the students during the session.
    The initiative should be taken at home by the parents.
    however ,schools should contribute in enhancment of a students knowledge about sex.

we must have sex education in school. in our information era children are becoming aware much faster.internet,tv,newspapers,dvd,films,posters,ma gazines,toys all are selling sex which children cannot understand they are often misguided by them,in recent years children are attending puberty at early age at this age they get first feeling of sex which is very intense so this problem is creating havoc in our society.everyday we read or watch in media about cases of rape,murder,pregnency,abortion,sexual diseases including aids among teenagers.this subject is very delicate and in india parent hardly talk about it with children so school is best medium to teach them about sex,sexuality,love,and care to be taken to avoid sexual diseases.so it will be useful them for whole life.but for that special training should be given to teachers to handle this delicate issue and impart knowledge to teenagers creating friendly atmosphere.
    Last edited by sushila; 09-11-08 at 11:32 PM.

sex education in school is must. but it should be with in some limit