Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Door Delivery vs Door to door canvassing....

Lightbulb Door Delivery vs Door to door canvassing....

Shopping by people has undergone various changes in the past few years....Shopping from the nearest "Bunk" shop to shopping in a huge departmental store or a shopping mall...Now the latest is the online shopping where you shop from your sweet home and goods are door delivered.

Despite all these changes I still see many representatives of various company products knocking on our doors to canvas their products to us. I normally avoid buying anything from these people because of the suspicion of their genuineness and price. I am talking only of the people who try to sell products of small scale industries or cottage industries or unheard brands. (not of those who come from reputed companies who normally recommend their products or take a survey of what we use etc). I feel sorry for the representatives and used to wonder how will they be able to sell their goods and how will they earn a living out of this. Once I felt very sorry for a young lady who came in the hot sun and pleaded with me to buy a pack of incense sticks. At first I politely refused. but then she said that the sticks were made by blind girls and asked me to help them. so i bought a pack. But there was no fragrance in it when I used it in our pooja room. So all these lack of quality and fake products discourage us from buying or helping such persons.

Has any one of you had a similar experience to share with?

Unhappy I prefer to say "NO"

Yeah Jayashree , inspite of switching to e-shopping , we still have sales representatives ringing the doorbell and compelling us to buy some products by giving emotional reasons (which may or may not be true , I dont know ) . I had a similar experience - years back , when I was a kid and alone at home , there was a pregnant lady who came up to sell incence sticks ( like your case ), I was strictly told by my parents not to entertain any such salesmen/women and just shut the door , not heeding to any word they speak , as robbery case was on rise at that time ( that the robbers enter as salesman and tie up the people and steal precious things ). I felt sorry for that lady , but I coulnt help her and she kept pursuading me to buy ,finally I had to shut the door and she was still there speaking in a soft tone that how much desperately she had to sell those sticks and need money for medications . After few minutes she left , I felt bad at that time , but now I realize about it , many of them , in order to sell the product use such reasons to meet their targets .Very few of them may have genuine reasons , but most not , so I never entertain these sales reps to stay for long , and though it may look harsh , I shut the door always the moment I see them . And it has been 95% of the times that when they knock the door I am alone at home , may be its a coincidence , but what if not ? So why take a chance ?

Very true, D. there are instances where such salesmen/women try to gain the confidence of the inmates of the house especially the elderly people or children, ask them for a glass of water, and when they go in to bring the water, these guys just steal whatever they can lay their hands on like mobile or cash or any such valuable and vanish. We have also read in papers how they try to rob the jewelery of ladies asking them to give the jewels for polishing and they just fool them and leave with the jewels unnoticed. Some even murder the victims in a desperate bid to rob them.

So, we have to be very careful in dealing with such people....

Thumbs up Digital Bhoomi - Lack of quality and fake products

Quote Originally Posted by jayashree s kumar View Post
    So all these lack of quality and fake products discourage us from buying or helping such persons.
    This is the main problem on this issue, when one product produced not up to the mark of "Customer Behavior" in one marketing plan, able to drives the product to the wrong marketing segmentation. The seller has to perform skimming price(marketing term) to push their sales in obtaining high ROI(Return On Investment).

From your thread, many things that I can elaborate more for those who are in manufacturing products; marketing and/or sales. Must make sure the product quality level before put on sales related to demography factor.

Whatever, in your case, you are a targeted victim in skimming type of sales. You've done right thing in helping that sales person for once, and their supportive alibi for selling reason really worked. It had happened to me many times, but I just give them little sum of money as a donation for them to buy foods and drink without buying their product.
    FOR VISITOR$ TO JOIN THIS FORUM CLICK HERE
    Prosperity sharing with our lovely Digital Bhoomi (DB)
    Follow DB-Twitter Follow DB-YouTube Follow DB-Facebook

Unhappy A wrong signal

I just give them little sum of money as a donation for them to buy foods and drink without buying their product.
    I appreciate your helping tendency Michael , as you are generous enough to give them money for their basic needs , but it is possible that some sales rep may tell their colleague/friend ( who may sell another product ) about your kindness and they may queue up in front of your house , and if they get even a handful of person like you , they would never sell/try to sell the products they should ( its another matter about the content and quality of the product )

Talking Don't let our generosity or kindness kills us back.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamygal View Post
    I appreciate your helping tendency Michael , as you are generous enough to give them money for their basic needs , but it is possible that some sales rep may tell their colleague/friend ( who may sell another product ) about your kindness and they may queue up in front of your house , and if they get even a handful of person like you , they would never sell/try to sell the products they should ( its another matter about the content and quality of the product )
    hahaha!...your smart and evocative idea., D. I love your style promoting imaginative follow up structured future reaction by them - don't worry, D - I had learned about what is language; thesaurus, body language, and voice language.

This is the proof of a part of my learning - click here

One great Indian sifu wrote its methodology about human behavior. What I learned from his writing?.....Once they spoke on greeting me, I gaze into their eyes absolutely their heart palpitates wildly.....Kah!Kah!Kah!

Who knows...someday, you will meet me just to take the test of Harish Johari's power that I applied. You don't want to be J's daughter-in-law, you can choose to be my daughter-in-law....ain't you??? Kah!Kah!Kah!

Talking This is India

I love your style promoting imaginative follow up structured future reaction by them
    Well might be imaginative to you , but in India this does hapeen

Talking They are my Digital Bhoomi referrals

Quote Originally Posted by dreamygal View Post
    Well might be imaginative to you , but in India this does hapeen
    If they get closer to me I will take them to be my DB referrals, what? Kah!Kah!Kah!

Don't worry, D; I will be in India in near future and I want to see with my naked eyes that situation like what J has said. May be I can render my system to be applied by them, systematically. Normally, my good wish always happen.

Because I grew up from a pauper family during my childhood life, at that time, I only able to eat breakfast with bread and milk. Where for lunch and dinner, going still nowhere.

That was why, D. Since my age of 20-year-old, I started my habitual saving and I promised to myself I don't want to fall into my previous poverty life, again.

WHAT WE LEANED FROM THIS THREAD?

Saving attitude is a main life subject.

1. Work hard is a must,
    2. Work smart is a priority, and
    3. Work diligently is a necessity.

Practice your habitual saving attitude, D; if you don't want to have useless future life.

Thumbs up Thanks to DB

If they get closer to me I will take them to be my DB referrals, what? Kah!Kah!Kah!
    A good way of promoting DB Thumbs up !

May be I can render my system to be applied by them, systematically. Normally, my good wish always happen.
    Yeah I hope your suggestion would help them to improve the quality and provide them different ways of marketing too

Because I grew up from a pauper family during my childhood life, at that time, I only able to eat breakfast with bread and milk. Where for lunch and dinner, going still nowhere.

That was why, D. Since my age of 20-year-old, I started my habitual saving and I promised to myself I don't want to fall into my previous poverty life, again.
    That happens to many of us in life Michael , and this drives us to work harder and become financially independent

Saving attitude is a main life subject.

1. Work hard is a must,
    2. Work smart is a priority, and
    3. Work diligently is a necessity.

Practice your habitual saving attitude, D; if you don't want to have useless future life.
    Dont worry Michael , I wouldnt have a useless future life as far as I am connected to DB and its members , as DB has already thought me many things

Thanks D and Mike for the lively conversation and for making this thread grow....sorry I couldn't join you yest as i had probs with my PC. Now I am back.