Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Queue kyun ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Arrow Queue kyun ?

Yesterday , I had to visit an departmental store to buy a particular chocolate for my nephew . After choosing the one which I had come all the way for , I went for the billing counter , the cashier had been cheking a long list of groceries of another customer who wanted to have his supply delieverd that evening . I had been waiting for about 15 minutes to get the bill of the chocolate , and the cashier and the customer ( who was inspecting the provisions ) had been talking about the address and the way of delivery , etc . There was another counter for billing section too , but even that was occupied by another customer who had longer list of provisions , waiting to get billed . My nephew started losing his patience , as the sight of chocolate made him impatience and I couldnt give it to him unless it was billed . The customer seemed to refuse to let other customer get their bills as he was having interaction with the cashier on silly things (repetition of question regarding mode of delivery , time , etc) . The cashier had to answer all and was worried about the increasing queue as other customers were getting impatient while others started to leave. After about 20-25 minutes of waiting , I handed the chocolate to my nephew , who by this time was already angry . To convince him , I had to buy another chocolate ! I would like to know few things from you all

1. Had it not been the continuous nagging of my nephew , I would have left the store in few minutes . Wouldnt it affect the reputation of store as frustrated customers like me , would never want to visit that store again ?

2. Wouldnt it be better for the store to have a seperate billing counter for customers who are purchasing an item or two , so that they wouldnt have to wait for minutes wasting for a bill ?

3. How far incidents like this will encourage a customer to follow a queue for getting an item billed ?

NOTE: For those who doesnt understand hindi , kyun means why .
    Last edited by dreamygal; 08-08-09 at 08:23 PM.

1. In my living place the hypermarket provide special counters for items less than five (5). May be the store you have had that problem must implement this system.

2. Definitely, yes. Especially, for those who loves their nephew...hahaha!

3. That is part of customer service department manager has to think about. Swift flow billing traffic will ensure the inflow of many customers to their store.
    FOR VISITOR$ TO JOIN THIS FORUM CLICK HERE
    Prosperity sharing with our lovely Digital Bhoomi (DB)
    Follow DB-Twitter Follow DB-YouTube Follow DB-Facebook

The cashier has to take care of the needs of all types of customer. So if he doesnt satisfy the customer with long list of items, he would be losing a potential customer, so here in your case,the cashier was ok in his part.

Secondly, the customer infront of you should have been little considerate. This quite happens with me, that if my list is hardly few items, on request the infront customer do allow me to proceed. If otherwise , I would have waited patiently.

Many good supermarkets do have separate counters for the payment of bills of few items, and most hypermarts, have separate billing counter for cosmetics, groceries and accessories, likewise, this also saves time.

D, That is an exasperating experience for anyone....
    The departmental store from where I purchase my groceries is quite crowded in the first week especially. They have a separate counter for those who buy 2 or 3 items.

Once when I was in the counter to have my purchases billed, a gentleman behind me was waiting with only one product in his hand. I offered him to get it billed before me and he was only too happy about it.

as customers, we too should be considerate about others because we too will have to face a similar problem another day. people like the one whom you saw, should be considerate in asking not too many questions when they know such a long queue is waiting impatiently.

actually the incident that happened wit u, had happened with me too..
    but the climax was different.. i was with my father, we had to buy just two-three items an we were in long, slow moving queue, with customer an cashier arguing.. so we had to leave..
    anyways i think, only solution to this is dat consumers should stop being self centered..

India mein kahan kahan queue nahin hota? even in atms, where it is meant to have money quickly.

Yeah jyothi , but kya wakai main sab log har jagah queue ko follow karte hain ? and if yes , then more than half of them end up frustrated

Wouldnt it affect the reputation of store as frustrated customers like me , would never want to visit that store again
    right i would never visit such store again. and when i observe such things anywhere ie even post office i prefer to move to another one, I don't go to departmental store which is 100 meter from my house just because of it and I go to a store which is at double distance from it but I come home earlier because there is proper queue system.

3. How far incidents like this will encourage a customer to follow a queue for getting an item billed ?
    we have no patience, most of us complain but don't like to be a part of Q, even on single window women know they will get priority so most of us prefer to send a female member to buy tickets. most of us don't like Q in ration shops, temples, etc places and we try to push others and break the Q or we pay for VIP facility so we don't have to be in Q

part of the problem is the Population. Part of the problem is people's attitude.

both will not change in India for looong time to come. my 2c.

we have no patience, most of us complain but don't like to be a part of Q, even on single window women know they will get priority so most of us prefer to send a female member to buy tickets. most of us don't like Q in ration shops, temples, etc places and we try to push others and break the Q or we pay for VIP facility so we don't have to be in Q
    A reason for that may be becuase those who sincerely followed to be in queue were taken advantage of . Many of my friends who used to follow the queue system , dont prefer that anymore because when they respected the rules sometimes they had to wait for a much longer time or when their turn came , the queue was discarded by others