Thread: How people use iPhone?

Blog Entries

Thumbs up How people use iPhone?

iPhone is used by millions of people for basic communications and listening to music. you would be surprised to see how some people use it to spice up their productivity and also to get an edge and protect their own properties and life. Following is story excerpt copied and pasted from apple.com

When Jim Dexter suits up to fly Eureka, one of the three Zeppelin airships in the world, he tucks iPhone into his pocket. It’s his go-to device for flight planning, weather reports, and keeping in touch with the ground crew. “It’s a huge leap in technology,” he says.

Dexter brings over 30 years of flight experience to his job as Director of Operations for Airship Ventures, a young California company founded by husband-and-wife team Brian and Alexandra Hall. In the heart of Silicon Valley, the Halls have introduced a little bit of adventure: a giant airship that makes tours around the San Francisco Bay.

In the air and in the office, Airship Ventures turns to iPhone for almost every aspect of their business. For the pilots, it begins with flight planning using aviation apps downloaded from the App Store. “I can pull up sectional charts,” Dexter says. “If I hear that we have a new operational requirement to go to, say, Long Beach, I can pull up the map for Long Beach on the iPhone. And that helps me plan the trip.”

Weather reports, of course, are mission-critical for flight. “I use AeroWeather to access aviation weather forecasting on the iPhone,” Dexter says. “It’s important to know what the wind is doing each hour.” His weather app also gives him the Terminal Area Forecast, a wind report for any airfield he might be flying into. “That’s extremely useful for a Zeppelin pilot.”

To help operate the Zeppelin, Dexter uses iConvert, an application that can toggle between metric and English measurements. “The Zeppelin is a European aircraft, and the figures are in metric,” he says. “With iConvert, I can go from kilograms to pounds and inches of mercury to millibars.”

Pilot Katherine Board, the only female Zeppelin pilot in the world, uses iPhone to consult the FAA website, which, among other things, broadcasts temporary flight restrictions. “We can look up whether there might be a restriction around a stadium, or an area where there’s a presidential visit,” she says.

Blogging from 1200 feet

When they first got iPhone, Co-Founders Brian and Alexandra Hall knew they would use it to help run their business. But they were surprised to discover that it can be a powerful marketing tool. They’re big fans of the camera on iPhone, which allows them to post photos on their blog from the air.

“One of the best things about the iPhone has been the ability to blog as things happen,” Alexandra says. “So when we’re on the airship, and something cool happens, I can use the iPhone camera to capture it and email it straight to our blog. And that instantaneous connection we have now with our customers is really valuable.”

Source: http://www.apple.com/iphone/business...s/airventures/

Hi..
    Thanks for sharing the information but the information which you share is really good also i have some good latest information regarding the same iPhone so here i want to share it....
    * Improved syncing for music, movies, TV shows, podcasts, and photos1

* iTunes U content organization1

* Redeem iTunes Gift Cards, codes, and certificates in the App Store

* Display available iTunes account credits in the App Store and iTunes Store

* Save video from Mail and MMS into Camera Roll

* Option to "Save as new clip" when trimming a video on iPhone 3GS

* Better iPhone 3G Wi-Fi performance when Bluetooth is turned on

* Remotely lock iPhone with a passcode via MobileMe

* Use Voice Control on iPhone 3GS with Bluetooth headsets

* Paste phone numbers into the keypad

* Option to use Home button to turn on accessibility features on iPhone 3GS

* Warn when visiting fraudulent websites in Safari (anti-phishing)

* Improved Exchange calendar syncing and invitation handling

* Fixes issue that cause some app icons to display incorrectly

Good tips from both of you. Copy/Paste will not work in all iPhones, it will work only in iphone v3. unfortunately it doesnt work in iPod Touch :-(

{ unless you pay for iphone v3 o/s }

I-Phone is very costly to use and i am also planning to get a new one but cost factor is keeping me back all these day's