Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: What exactly are stocks in the stock market?

  1. #1

    Default What exactly are stocks in the stock market?

    Stock typically takes the form of shares of common stock (or voting shares). As a unit of ownership, common stock typically carries voting rights that can be exercised in corporate decisions. Preferred stock differs from common stock in that it typically does not carry voting rights but is legally entitled to receive a certain level of dividend payments before any dividends can be issued to other shareholders.

    Convertible preferred stock is preferred stock that includes an option for the holder to convert the preferred shares into a fixed number of common shares, usually anytime after a predetermined date. Shares of such stock are called "convertible preferred shares" (or "convertible preference shares" in the United Kingdom).

    Although there is a great deal of commonality between the stocks of different companies, each new equity issue can have legal clauses attached to it that make it dynamically different from the more general cases. Some shares of common stock may be issued without the typical voting rights being included, for instance, or some shares may have special rights unique to them and issued only to certain parties. Note that not all equity shares are the same.

  2. #2


    Thanks for re-sharing this article from Yahoo Answers posted by lola B.
    ( )

    Stocks are the companies name approved by the Stock/Bourse Security Commission in one country where normally thirty percent (30%) of its stakeholding offered to general public purchasing before its board listing and the remaining seventy percent (70%) wholly owned by the principal company.

    So the best way to earn money from stock purchasing is to participate in new stock listing to be listed as a successful purchaser and absolutely on its first date/day of listing it goes up tremendously. This method called short-selling-practice because it's a day buy-sell activity.

    So the specific stock name will runs its stock business in term of 70-30 stakeholding between principal company and general public, respectively. Whatever, for long run of participation, we can refer to its Paid-Up Capital stated in each year end financial report. Fundamental history of the specific stock name sometimes be the key point for us to observe as it may effect its fluctuation UNLESS 'funder' to one specific stock injected their huge fund on that stock for their long term goal by implementing gradual increment to its stock price with no floating 'loss value'. In this case, we can really enjoy its blissful investment and earnings.

    The key point to success is to investigate, who is actually the 'funder' to one stock's name. The following stocks name be my focus for final-quarter 2009 stock investment; ICICI Bank and TATA.COMM. Especially, after the India Space Research Organization (ISRO) has had launched and released six (6) nano satellites with another huge satellite (1 ton) to the orbit on September 28, 2009. which means, stocks which involved in telecommunication business will 'fly' high up these few days.
    Prosperity sharing with our lovely Digital Bhoomi (DB)
    Follow DB-Twitter Follow DB-YouTube Follow DB-Facebook

  3. #3
    Enthusiast sarita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    New Delhi


    what stocks are poised to rise in Indian market "now"??

  4. #4


    Quote Originally Posted by sarita View Post
    what stocks are poised to rise in Indian market "now"??
    Stock market is the most powerful source of income.Have you been to stock trading anytime?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2016


    By holding stock of a company investor gets a part of ownership in that company which is dependent on the number of share he holds. There are different types of stocks as blue-chip, bonus, dividend and more. Each has its own characteristics and traders can pick stocks on the basis of goals which they want to accomplish.

  6. #6
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017


    Stocks are basically a security asset. that claims your ownership in a company,when you buy a company's share, you can legally claim your part in a particular company's assets and earings

Similar Threads

  1. some Do's and Don't in Stock Market
    By swapnil15 in forum Stock Market
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 15-06-17, 01:01 PM
  2. What are the basics of stock Market?
    By kumaran in forum Stock Market
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 17-09-16, 12:16 PM
  3. Stock market
    By tonz123 in forum Savings and Investments
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 13-09-11, 12:32 PM
  4. stock market books
    By nayej in forum Stock Market
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-10-09, 12:55 PM

Share this page with your friends

Share this page with your friends

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts