Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Return to India or Not?

You are right. I am not an NRI, and hence cannot feel how it is to be an NRI. I am sorry about the bad lecture by a typical person like me.

Unregistered

Smile Returning to India

I think this is a very subjective issue and each person has his or her own perspective. For me, it is more a quality of life issue. I value things like good governance, reliable emergency services, low corruption, services that function (water/sewage/electricity etc). So I am happy where I am.

In India too, there are things that add to the quality of life which are not present abroad. These include having help both from servants and family and familiarity with the terrain.

Understand, this is not a knock at India. People can be entirely happy there but for my frame of mind or my perspective, this is the fact.

Also, as someone said earlier, they see NRIs are more insecure.

I would agree.

The insecurity is on two fronts.

One is that when you are abroad you cannot count on things like parents etc to help you out. You are entirely responsible for your family.

Secondly, invariably, pettiness creeps in. I am talking about buying a better car or a bigger house etc.

The fact of the matter is, you can have a great life in India or abroad. It is up to you to choose where to live and it is up to you to define how you want to live so that you are satisfied with your life.

One thing people should also understand is that not too long ago (say 20 years ago), living abroad meant a fancy lifestyle compared to how people lived in India. These days that has blurred. It does not matter where you live, as long as you earn well, you can have a comparable standard of living.

The philosopher.

lepracohintwo

Default will I return to India

Will I return to India? Having just left I will honestly have to say NO.

It's filthy, there are no words for Clear up, clean up , pick up rubbish. I went to India to work on a Charity project for street children originally for seven weeks but I had to return home after eight days due to my Father's health. His health improved allowing me to return ...No.. apparently I have to wait two months before returning ..

why?

The Indians do little to help themselves I saw people in Mumbai stepping over a dead child's body.. Now a British man willing to help their children pay his own way, pay for his flights, accommodation, has been stopped from helping for some unknown probably financial reasons, no doubt if I pay even more money to have another stamp on the visa I will maybe allowed to return to do work that they refuse to do..

Will I return? NO.

Stay here there's plenty of people who will appreciate any assistance anyone will give them

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lepracohintwo View Post
    Will I return to India? Having just left I will honestly have to say NO.

It's filthy, there are no words for Clear up, clean up , pick up rubbish. I went to India to work on a Charity project for street children originally for seven weeks but I had to return home after eight days due to my Father's health. His health improved allowing me to return ...No.. apparently I have to wait two months before returning ..
    why do you need to wait for 2 months in India? where are you from?

The Indians do little to help themselves I saw people in Mumbai stepping over a dead child's body..
    That's horrible. Indians are affectionate towards children. I dont believe it really happened.

Now a British man willing to help their children pay his own way, pay for his flights, accommodation, has been stopped from helping for some unknown probably financial reasons, no doubt if I pay even more money to have another stamp on the visa I will maybe allowed to return to do work that they refuse to do..
    what is this? "I will maybe allowed"? cant understand a thing. do you need visa to visit India? what is "another stamp"?

Stay here there's plenty of people who will appreciate any assistance anyone will give them
    stay where? where are you?
    Be Happy. Just Enjoy Your Life!

Ajay Pradhan

Red face Returning to India

All is well on returning to India...if
    1) You r with IT Specialization and can deliver with understandings of US/Global standards.
    2) U r placed by foreign based company for few years of assignment and r on foreign based companies payroll. Depleting US $ currency value does not affect u financially.
    3) U r sure that U will not be subjected to NRI = Not Required Indian.
    4) U r not returning on emotional values such as want to be near family, want to grow children with Indian cultural values, etc.
    5) U r son or daughter of a strong politician, entrepreneur, business person .. but still, life will be difficult if u don't find it worth living on someone else's money.

Yes if U find yourself in a jobless dilemma, visa status dilemma, wife unable to work even with graduation and education then ok .. u are sacrificing for your lifestyle. Do try India, it is a safer challenge.

America has lot to offer professionally and lifestyle-wise.
    There r systems in place, adopt to the systems and u will find it easy to live, secured, safe and satisfied. Show your deliverables and they will be appreciated. There many Indian in various fields who have been successful in USA.

a) One of the Directors in Worlds most Richest Mans' financial institutional is an Indian.
    b) 45 % if IT Staff in name the IT Companies are INDIANS.
    c) Governor of one of the states in US is an Indian.
    d) Second Generation American Born (Indian Origin Parents) r Doctors, Lawyers and entrepreneurs.
    e) Chief of staff of most reputed companies PEPSI, CITIGROUP, and several Financial Institutions are INDIAN Origin.
    f) Every Indian after 4 to 5 years of experienced has been approved towards THE PURCHASE of his own house and living comforts. His/Hers buying power increases....
    g) Work appreciation is open to all the groups in life. No discrimination.

What else does the life wants.

Think twice, thrice, before u make the decision.