SHAHID KAPOOR: The actor’s boy-to-man transition that began with Jab We Met is now complete with Kaminey as he has risen above the chocolate boy roles and proved his versatility. “Shahid proved his mettle with his characterisation of Charlie and Guddu. But one can’t ignore that Kaminey is by Vishal Bharadwaj, known for his scripts, dialogues and extracting good
performances,” says trade analyst Amod Mehra. Kaminey collected Rs 33 crore over the first weekend.However, the 28-year-old says that while he is happy to have gained critical acclaim, he is not part of any race. “I have a pile of scripts mounting and there is a lot of work to be done. I have just managed to prove myself worthy but the journey only begins here.”

RANBIR KAPOOR: Wake Up Sid was targeted towards the young urban audiences from the metros but it did surprisingly well in small towns too, says Prakhar Joshi, head of programming, PVR Cinemas. The movie’s gross collections exceeded Rs 17 crore in the first three days of release. Executive editor of the trade magazine Box Office, Vajir Singh, says that Ranbir has
inherited the Kapoor fan base. “Besides, women and kids love him for of his young and goofy looks,” he elaborates. Contrary to what the industry says, Ranbir feels he is yet to prove himself. “I can’t understand the chocolate boy comment but I agree that the lover boy image has worked for me till now. But a more serious Rajneeti and Rocket Singh — Salesman of the Year,
where I play the underdog, will help me explore the various shades of acting.”