Thread: Can a student get a credit card in India?

Default Can a student get a credit card in India?

a student can only have a secure credit card, which means you have to have a fixed deposit with the bank and you get a credit limit equal to the amount of fixed deposit. axis bank issues such cards and i think citibank also. check with other banks.

Default Student Credit Card in India?

Which bank issues student credit cards in India? Can sum1 reply with the links for application or sumthing beyond just the names of the banks?

Anyone who is older than 18 yrs can get a credit card on their name. If you are less than 18 yrs old then ask your dad or mom or elder sibling to apply for a credit card and get an additional card for you.

ICICI bank has pre-paid cards so you can buy them and use it for online purchases.

I think that a student can only have a secure credit card, which means you have to have a fixed deposit with the bank and you get a credit limit equal to the amount of fixed deposit. axis bank issues such cards and i think citibank also. check with other banks.

Yeah a student can get a credit card on the basis of fix deposit account in any bank, which you can use to shop online. but it has limited use to buy things online

Enthusiast

Students do not earn a regular salary. So, find it difficult to get their credit card application accepted by a bank. However, there are some of the banks who have devised a special credit card for students. These credit cards have low credit limits and are used to make online payment for courses, buying books and stationery etc. These credit cards are:

1. HDFC Bank ForexPlus Card
    2. ICICI Bank Student Travel Card
    3. SBI Student Advantage Plus Credit Card