Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Universal Hero!!

Thumbs up Universal Hero!!

Kamal Hassan aka Ulaga Nayagan(or the "Universal Hero") is one of the most popular actors in Indian Cinema. I too like him a lot and have been watching most of his movies since my younger days.

Even as a child actor, he has won the hearts of many in 1959 itself in the first film Kalathoor Kannamma. He won the 1st National award as a child artiste in this very first film. Even today, we are able to see and appreciate him in that movie for his innocent looks and the clarity in his dialogue delivery and his expressive acting even at the tender age of 5 or 6.

In his teens, he learnt various techniques and forms in Cinema including dancing, singing, playing musical instruments(like the mirudangam in "apoorva ragangal"). His passion for the art of cinema was (and is) so great that he never got disheartened by his failures.

We have seen his growth and today we see his meteoric rise in Indian Cinema as a great actor, prolific writer, director, singer, dancer, producer and a man who dares to experiment new things in his movies as he has a lot of confidence in his fans' and audience's connoisseurship.

Kamal Hassan is not only great in the field of cinema but he is also a person with great social consciousness who openly accuses the evils of society and also loudly appreciates the good things in life.

He may be an agnostic or a non believer of religion and God but he is a role model to his fans who follow his footsteps in social services such as blood donation, eye donation etc. He himself has pledged to get his body donated to the field of medicine upon death. It is great that he utilizes his fame and popularity to spread this kind of awareness among people.

He was (and is being) recently felicitated by the media for his continuous service in the field of cinema for FIFTY years. That is indeed a great feat....being ACTIVE in a field for 50 years.....

Let us wish him all the very best in all his endeavors to entertain his admirers and his efforts to serve our society......
    Last edited by jayashree s kumar; 07-11-11 at 03:25 PM.

Blog Entries

I totally agree! Kamal is the real hero both in celluloid screen and in real life.

Though not a big fan of any actors, I love watching Kamal's movie, especially comedy movies like Panchathanthram. Though it will have little adult jokes and dialogues, the way of presenting used to be too good

By the way, where were you these days chellama?

Hi Meetu....was unable to log in due to my pc probs which I hope have solved since yesterday. Hope you enjoyed your Diwali.

And yes, regarding kamal's comedy movies, i love them. I enjoy his acting skill in this genre too. Films like Panchathanthiram, Kadhala Kadhala, Michael Madana Kamaraj are all so hilarious that I enjoy watching them again and again. As Kamal said in a function where he was awarded with the best comedy actor award for his role as Naidu in Dasavatharam, "Comedy is a serious business" and kamal is a "great businessman"....

Chellamaa you made me to remember my favorite dialogues... For those who cannot understand Tamil, I'm sorry...

Michael Madhana Kamarajan

Kameshwaran : Kaiyapiduchaa udanae kalyanamaa? en kood irukkane (I forgot name), kastatha chorinchuttu, avan kaiya naan dhivasam pidikkurane, adukkaga avana kalyaanam pannamudiyumaa?

Kameshwaran: Tiruppu, Tiruppu-nnu solli, naan thiruppituu

Dasavatharam favorite:

Naidu: "Yes Come in. Evuru abbaraonna? Roka raiyaa"

Naidu: Abdul Kalam-kitta pesurayaa?

HAHAHAHA

The one actor, who makes me go ga ga is Kamal! I love every character of his, especially ones in movies like Anbe Sivam, Devar Magan and ofcourse the ever green, Punnagai Mannan! Somehow, no one else in the industry has impressed me so much like Kamal!

Mythu: The name of the person whom Kamal refers to in Michael Madana Kama rajan in this dialogue is Kicha: Kameshwaran : Kaiyapiduchaa udanae kalyanamaa? en kood irukkane (Kicha), kastatha chorinchuttu, avan kaiya naan dhivasam pidikkurane, adukkaga avana kalyaanam pannamudiyumaa?

One more is: Bhim Boy, Bhim Boy, antha lockerla ulla...Oh God,cant forget the way we guys used to laugh!

Eventhough I am not a hard fan of Kamal I like to watch his Movies. His latest Unnai Pol Oruvan is a fantastic Movie....
    Expect more number of movies like this rather than commercial one

i like kamal hasan's acting, he is a real artist...there are only few real actors in the industry........good luck to him......