Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Award for Top Referrer(s)!

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Award for Top Referrer(s)!

Hi All,

Starting this month, the top referrer for the month will get 100 points! This is your chance to get more points, please invite all your friends and ask them to put your name as the referrer name when they sign up.

Please click the “Invite your friends” link under “Quick Links” to send an invitation link to your friends. You will see this link only when you are logged in.

We are inspired by this thread and this thread to offer this award.

Cheers!
    DB Team

Blog Entries

hey, good stuff. rock and roll baby...

Admin,

it is a great way for we existing user to call frnds with the incentive but it does not solve manisha's problem that the new guys joining the forum will put our names in referral. so, is there more that can be done to solve that problem as well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aks21 View Post
    Admin,

it is a great way for we existing user to call frnds with the incentive but it does not solve manisha's problem that the new guys joining the forum will put our names in referral. so, is there more that can be done to solve that problem as well.
    If the person you refer doesn't want to put your name in the referrer field, it gets real tricky. I am not sure how do we solve that issue. We can't force the users to put a name in the referrer field, because many users find Digital Bhoomi forums on their own or thru search engines. If you or other users have an idea about how to fix the issue of referrers not getting the credit, we are open to implementing that. Thanks!

i don't see any solution to the problem.It would be better if we send the invites through db to avoid such problems...

Blog Entries

Sending invites thru DB is a good idea. But, all the spam filters will eat your invites and your invites won't reach the target. Few users of Yahoo complained to yahoo.co.in that we send spams! Yahoo temporarily stopped our emails to all yahoo.co.in addresses. What kind of "spam" we send? When a user posts something in DB classifieds, we send the email to him/her to confirm the email account and to activate the posting. That's all. Even those activation emails are rejected by Yahoo.

If many users send invites thru DB, that "may" pose a problem even if our intentions are genuine. It's quite safer to send invites from users' personal email accounts, at least in terms of reaching the target.

Its A Great Idea. But, None Of My Friends Looks And Cares About The Invitation Mails. So, I Better Tell My Friends in My School. Thanks A Lot.

i have an idea

if we make the referrer field read only means

if i send invitation to my friend then when he register that time my name is posted in referrer field by default. so if we make referrer field read only then he cant remove or change the name of referrer.

on this way we can do better.

Blog Entries

Pratikg88: Great idea. But, it's hard to implement and takes good amount of time. I may sound little philosophical. But, if your friend erases your name from referrer field intentionally, then he may not be your real friend after all. If there are real technical issues, then we can spend time to fix it. But, this issue seems to be more personal. If someone doesn't want to give you credit for what you do, he/she may never give credit to you irrespective of whatever we do.

Case in point: Let us say that you send the invitation link to your friend. The link is http://www.digitalbhoomi.in/forums/i...eferrerid=1346. Let us assume that we modify the registration form to keep the referrer name read only. Your friend sees that and doesn't want to give you credit. So, he closes the browser and come back to the forum after removing the referrerid from the URL. Now, the link is http://www.digitalbhoomi.in/forums/index.php; That's it. Registration program will not know the referrerid. See, if somebody doesn't want to give you credit, you will not get it.

Blog Entries

Top Referrer award for April goes to Pratikg88! Congratulations Pratikg88!!