Thread: Special call made by Mr Manmohan Singh

Post Special call made by Mr Manmohan Singh

26 November 2009

I watched on TV just now, The Prime Minister of India has made a special call to all Indian Americans and Non-Resident Indians, return working in India as most of them are working in technology industries in other countries.

I think, he already prepared something good in term of technology transfer from outside countries to be implemented in India by Indians. He raised this invitation in his speech and this is the first time I watched he is very cool although harshly attacked by many negative question during Q&A session with attendees, where many of them said previously there were exploited by Indian employers during working in India. Is that true?

If I referred to Kanak Gogoi's issue, there are many true facts and make things more worse the latest scuffle in Indian Parliament House making things more firm about political movement really the great factor hampered the economy growth.

Among Indians dignitaries attended the State Dinner were Mr Preeta Bansal, Rajen S Anand, and quite many famous social website owners. From what I knew in Mr Obama administration Mr Preeta Bansal is Senior Policy Adviser and Rajen S Anand is Director of Policy in the US Department of Agriculture.

Whatever, hopes Mr Manmohan Singh brings more prosperous value to India.
    FOR VISITOR$ TO JOIN THIS FORUM CLICK HERE
    Prosperity sharing with our lovely Digital Bhoomi (DB)
    Follow DB-Twitter Follow DB-YouTube Follow DB-Facebook

Lightbulb Greener pastures...

That is a welcome request/suggestion by Dr Manmohan singh to the NRIs.

If the Government gives the due recognition, appreciation and encouragement to Indian youngsters who are brilliantly talented in technology, they will think twice before leaving India.

It is the monetary factor and the comforts earned make them leave India to greener pastures...

Blog Entries

where many of them said previously there were exploited by Indian employers during working in India. Is that true?
    yes, pretty much. Indian companies want yes-sir people. you question their managers' authorities, that's the end of the career. many people return to India based on media hype and find that nothing is changed. Indian companies' (esp in IT) attitude is pretty much stays at the same level as that of 1990.

if you talk to Indian companies' managers, they are going to tell you that all NRIs are arrogant, over-questioning, dont respect others, etc.,

it's like two different cultures, difficult to make a binding even in MNCs.
    Be Happy. Just Enjoy Your Life!

Post India and Indians - returning to India

Quote Originally Posted by jayashree s kumar View Post
    It is the monetary factor and the comforts earned make them leave India to greener pastures...
    your very astounding comment, J, and that is the thing they (majority) commented while needed more assurance from The Prime Minister of India.

He looked very cool and his coolness really caught my attention glued to the tube. Although, he recently has had his bypass surgery. This is the right time for us to see one Prime Minister represent the government to make perfect answers. Unfortunately, Mr Manmohan Singh is not a 'debater' type of person. He should gives more strategically confident answers.

Post India and Indians - mind culture and brain gain

Quote Originally Posted by funlover View Post
    I salute you, funlover, giving quality comments and this is the meaning of quality discussion where we focus on the point highlighted.

The main thing now, is there any possibility to bridge this vast gap between these two (2) different thoughts? A Prime Minister to one country should put extra efforts in minimizing human resources issue.

What I hope, he can settle this issue next year once proven India enjoying seven percent (7%) economy growth. I love seeing his coolness looking during he was 'attacked' by that such questions.

Quote Originally Posted by funlover View Post
    yes, pretty much. Indian companies want yes-sir people. you question their managers' authorities, that's the end of the career. many people return to India based on media hype and find that nothing is changed. Indian companies' (esp in IT) attitude is pretty much stays at the same level as that of 1990.

if you talk to Indian companies' managers, they are going to tell you that all NRIs are arrogant, over-questioning, dont respect others, etc.,

True said funlover. When I joined as a fresher, the first thing taught to us was "Client is our GOD. Need to OBEY and BOW down. Should not question them". When were in India, during onsite offshore meeting, if we try to explain our client when they ask to do something impossible, our manager shows BIG eyes and say shuuhhhhhhhhhh

Later got lots of advices and warnings for that

But when we went for onsite assignments, we found our clients more friendly and with open ears to hear

Quote Originally Posted by jayashree s kumar View Post
    Not only monetary benefit chellamaa... Peace of mind too included in this... Atleast in my case...

You already knew my experience at Bangalore chellama (For those who wants to know, here it is http://www.digitalbhoomi.in/forums/s...ead.php?t=8036 )

We just get attacked because of the mentality that we are in IT field and so will have money even to throw in the road.

Even now I'm telling my husband that once when need to go to India, should think of going to chennai or kochi and not to Bangalore... I'm not sure whether chennai and cochin are safe, but atleast I knew the local language to manage.

Post India human resources related to returning home issue and the current economy growth

Good feedback you have made, Mythilik. A source for me to derives it all for my IndiaBhoomi blog content as an update. I am thankful today as Thanksgiving Day in US, where you all have put up good input to this issue. All are very quality responses. Thanks to all participants in my small room of discussion.

__________________________________________________ ___
    RE-ENTRY AFTER READING YOUR THREAD "A scary true story ".

Now I understand why you are in Switzerland, a country with the most low rate crime cases in this world. Your right decision making.
    Last edited by michaeldadona; 27-11-09 at 08:39 PM. Reason: RE-ENTRY AFTER READING YOUR THREAD "A scary true story ".