Thread: NRI Experience - Working in India is draining on body and soul

Blog Entries

Default NRI Experience - Working in India is draining on body and soul

here is the true story of an NRI... Raju Narisetti came to India in 2006 to set up a business newspaper "Mint", leaving The Wall Street Journal, where he worked for 13 years and rose to become deputy managing editor. Mint was launched in February 2007 and became successful in India.

In December 2008, he quit Mint and left India, and back in U.S. Why? The New York Times, in a story on Indians trained in the West who find it difficult to come back and work in India, features Narisetti’s case. “Some very simple practices that you often take for granted, such as being ethical in day-to-day situations, or believing in the rule of law in everyday behavior, are surprisingly absent in many situations,” that paper quoted Raju Narisetti as saying. ok, there it is...the answer from first-hand experience for the thread http://www.digitalbhoomi.in/forums/s...ad.php?t=16803

read raju's interview at http://business.in.com/interview/clo...int-way/1702/1
    Be Happy. Just Enjoy Your Life!

Banned

hum dude its very very good story ....
    I hope u post thread more

very touching story, it is really encouraging to come back to your own country and work there, everyone should get some lesson from that. good one.

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by soma View Post
    very touching story, it is really encouraging to come back to your own country and work there, everyone should get some lesson from that. good one.
    you are missing the point. This guy went back to U.S.

Funlover, thanks for this great post. When we (NRI's) say something about India, most of our people will take us "Less Patriotic". But no one can object if we say 90% of people do complaint, just because they didn't get the opportunities.

Coming to the point, may be only 10% of NRIs may think of not coming back to India at any time. Rest all wishes to be at home, living among friends and relatives. But the fear of the life style stops us from returning.

By the word life style, I don't mean the porsh living and spendings. But then atleast with peace of mind.

You never know, when a gunda will knock the door. For example, one of my friend apporached a broker in bangalore for buying a flat. But then he did nothing. So my friend and her dad roamed in the streets and found out a nice flat. Once when they booked the flat, the broker (actually a gunda) came and asked money. When they refused saying he didn't find the flat for them, he threatened them in all the ways and took the money.

I can give so many incidents like this. At least this type of things are not happening here (again I use the word "at least" in the places where I lived so far, outside India)

http://www.digitalbhoomi.in/forums/s...ead.php?t=2187

This discussion too can show why NRIs not willing to return, though our Prime Minister Manmohan Singh waits in the airport with his two arms wide open to welcome us.