Thread: Twilight- New Moon

Thumbs up Twilight- New Moon

The sequel to Twilight was awaited with great anticipation and greeted with record breaking box office returns. Crazy fans waiting outside theatres for days and other such stories made the rounds prior to its release. In spite of this, Sandra Bullock’s The Blind Side was not far behind and turned out to be the underdog the weekend of its international release, surprising people. Once you watch New Moon, you understand why.

The story starts off where it left in Forks on Bella’s (Kristen Stewart) eighteenth birthday who treats it as a tragedy. She obsesses about her age constantly as her immortal Vampire boyfriend, Edward Cullen ( Robert Pattinson) will remain seventeen forever. Following a loss of control on part of the Vampires during her birthday celebrations with them, Edward decides to leave Forks so as to protect Bella, to whom ‘his soul belongs’.

A shattered Bella resorts to seeking danger hoping it will bring her love back. She approaches Jacob (Taylor Lautner), her ‘warm’, mechanic friend, to help her fix bikes and discovers his company helps her escape the pain. Her fear of losing him prevents her from taking the relationship to the next level, but yet she seems to want it.

Regardless, Jacob withdraws and starts avoiding her. Her solitude leads to confused wanderings and she unwittingly discovers Jacob’s secret. Just as she starts letting her guard down with him, news of a threat to Edwards life causes her to turn her back on Jacob as she rushes to save him from the Volturi (coven of Vampires). In a world of ‘monsters’, she is torn between the ‘good’ Vampires and the Werewolves, enemies of each other, with the common mission of protecting her. Being with either is a threat to her being, but in the name of true love Bella ultimately makes her choice, though never at peace as choosing one hurts the other.

The visual effects are excellent and sets glorious. Transformation of the men into those magnificent Werewolves and the demonstration of Vampire skills make for breathtaking scenes. The Volturi, who are Vampire royalty, are convincingly coldblooded and creepy. The best acting skills are showcased by the Volturi cast.

Unfortunately the same cannot be said for the rest, especially the main cast comprising a ‘beauty’ verging on insanity, an angry buffed up ‘beast’ and a pale, emaciated heartthrob. Bella and Edward, so madly in love, don’t make eye contact and seem to be blind during their conversations, which are difficult to decipher as they barely open their mouths to speak at a decibal only bats might hear. Bella cries as though she is having fits, stutters throughout and emits odd sounds at pivotal moments. For a movie based on deep, soulful love, it definitely lacks soul and no one seems to be feeling any love. There is not a display of affection in sight and chemistry is just a subject the teens study in senior year.

It’s quite a let down after all the hype which can be mainly credited to the success of the books and the fan following of the teenage actors.

Post Thrilling facotrs in one movie able to glued viewers eyes to the tube

You all better watch this thriller movie and I have seen it. The best part is how she finds herself started changing to werewolf world. But the thrilling factor in this movie still cannot beat the 'The Texas Chainsaw Massacre', my personal comment as a viewer who have seen both and make comparison on its thrilling factor.

Readers can read my special and thorough comment in Digital Bhoomi on 'The Texas Chainsaw Massacre' - click here

Last edited by michaeldadona; 02-01-10 at 05:01 AM. Reason: inser Digital Bhoomi banner
    FOR VISITOR$ TO JOIN THIS FORUM CLICK HERE
    Prosperity sharing with our lovely Digital Bhoomi (DB)
    Follow DB-Twitter Follow DB-YouTube Follow DB-Facebook

bettern to read book

The movie was…the movie was better than I expected. I was ambivalent toward the first film: on the one hand, it was deeply flawed in execution and design; but on the other it was Twilight on the big screen with a hot Edward to stare at, and it was hard to hate for those reasons.

reading books is more interesting! There's so much missing in movies.

I loved this movie very much i think the plot and story of this movie is good.

Twilight new moon is my most favorite flick.all my friends like this movie a lot.

Well there are many movie running in the world But In which some movies are awesome like Twilight. When ever I feel Alone at my home then mostly I like to watch this romantic movie. Such a great lovable movie. In which Kristan has great worked. She is my favorite one actress. I have watched all part of this movie and my favorite part of this movie is "Twilight Saga the breaking down" nice part than others.