Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Difference between real estate agent and real estate broker

Default Difference between real estate agent and real estate broker

From a technical standpoint, the difference between a real estate agent and a real estate broker is the fact that they hold different licenses. In order to obtain the different licensing, a real estate broker must actually complete additional coursework beyond what a real estate agent must complete. Although many people use the terms real estate agent and real estate broker interchangeably, a broker actually has more schooling and bears more responsibilities throughout the transaction. Since a broker has more education and experience, real estate agents actually work beneath the broker. Therefore, a person that works as an independent realtor must be a broker as well.

I respect your re-sharing this article for readers to get the know-how-knowledge and it's also very useful for me. From the explanations made in the third sentence, meaning that a real estate; BROKER is much respectable compare to a REALTOR (agent)

a broker actually has more schooling and bears more responsibilities throughout the transaction.
    Thank you as I gain new knowledge from you for today. My point of sharing with you for today, next time kindly put TAGS in your posted thread as it will help other members in or for their future quick searching and also for netizens as visitors to this forum comes from across the globe. For this time, I add three ( agent, broker, independent realtor ) as allowed by the tagging system to responder and another two you can add it up to make it five tags because you are the main thread poster.

I wish you the best of luck and look, again thank you so much for the nice sharing.
    FOR VISITOR$ TO JOIN THIS FORUM CLICK HERE
    Prosperity sharing with our lovely Digital Bhoomi (DB)
    Follow DB-Twitter Follow DB-YouTube Follow DB-Facebook

Agents who give real estate advice must have a real estate license. Most states maintain an online site where consumers can look up an agent's name, get a license number and check on violations filed against an agent.
    A real estate broker can work independently and / or hire real estate salespersons. The broker's exam is generally longer and more difficult than a salesperson's exam. Brokers are held to higher standards of knowledge.

Default Too Good

Too Good ! There are such a terminology as it gets confuse. I was not understanding the term Civil Engineer and Architecture. Now I understood when I search from the google.

There are many terms like Draughtsman, Civil Contractor, Water Proofing contractor not follwing up.

Well, I am in to software business , I have many softwares easy to use for you.

Please follow the link www.sahiwala.com

Quote Originally Posted by oswald View Post
    From a technical standpoint, the difference between a real estate agent and a real estate broker is the fact that they hold different licenses. In order to obtain the different licensing, a real estate broker must actually complete additional coursework beyond what a real estate agent must complete. Although many people use the terms real estate agent and real estate broker interchangeably, a broker actually has more schooling and bears more responsibilities throughout the transaction. Since a broker has more education and experience, real estate agents actually work beneath the broker. Therefore, a person that works as an independent realtor must be a broker as well.

A real estate broker is generally a person or a company holding a license to represent parties in real estate transactions. A real estate agent is either a broker or someone who works under the umbrella of a broker's license. So a broker might be one of the nationally-recognized brokerage firms, but the agent would be the one who is actually working with you.
    Last edited by jenisebhruvel; 07-04-10 at 04:31 PM.

Most states require real estate sales professionals to be licensed by the state, so that they can control education and experience requirements and have a central authority to resolve consumer problems. When it comes to working with a real estate broker versus a real estate agent, you will probably notice little difference if you notice a difference at all. This is because agents are licensed and capable of performing the basic tasks that most buyers and sellers are interested in having completed for them.

Both agents and brokers must be licensed by the state, but a dealer is required to have more education and experience as a realtor. An agent works primarily for a runner and all ads are placed in the name of the broker, and not agents. objectives. The best place in the world of real estate networks, finding opportunities and agreements....

This is indeed a very good piece of information and I think that it would be a very good thing to have some good benefits. This is indeed something that most of the people are confused about. I think that it would indeed be something that would assure you to have some good results as it will clear the air about who to contact for what and have a better chances of getting the work done in a better way.

Generally, the agent has a lesser license than a broker. In some states an agent can have his or her own office, but in most an agent must work under a broker's supervision. Normally, a professional must work several years as an agent before he or she can be considered for a broker's license.

The terminology used to identify real estate professionals varies a little from state to state. Brokers are generally required to have more education and experience for sellers and realtors. The person you normally use a real estate agent or vendor. The dealer is authorized by the state, but must work for a broker. All ads are placed in the name of the broker, not the seller.