Thread: Basic English Learning

Post Basic English Learning

Basic English Learning - Babylon8, Q English Course, and Free Template.

First thing to tell and share is I have attached the file for Babylon Terms of Use Agreement for you to read before making any decision for subscribing and downloading purpose (below);

Real Free: Babylon8, and Free Template
    Free Trial: Q English Course

You can select for 'Real Free' type and its downloading process via subscription method and during subscribing no need to submit your name and just your valid email address.

A different thing you will find out when you want to download Q English Course software on FREE TRIAL basis complete with these instructions/info;

1. Complete the sign up form below.

2. You will receive an email with the course link, your username and password.*

3. Click on link, enter your details and start using the product.

http://www.englishwriting.net/
    (subscribe here for free version)

My personal opinion, by just downloading Babylon8 and Free Template is online web base publishing where you can click it here; is a good start. Free Template providing is a real basic learning from the given examples and very useful.

Babylon 8.0
    (7.9MB file size)
    Real Free Downloading

• Text Translation
    • Dictionary
    • Spell Checker
    • Currency Converter

Q English Course
    Free Trial Downloading

• Basic
    • Intermediate
    • Advanced
    • Business

• CV / Resume
    • Thank you letter
    • Business documents
    • and much more…

Choose a template: click here
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by michaeldadona; 25-01-10 at 07:27 PM. Reason: deleting the unnecessary lists
    FOR VISITOR$ TO JOIN THIS FORUM CLICK HERE
    Prosperity sharing with our lovely Digital Bhoomi (DB)
    Follow DB-Twitter Follow DB-YouTube Follow DB-Facebook

Post Babylon 8 and the features

DICTIONARY POP UP FEATURE

After you have downloaded Babylon 8, run, installed, and initialized you can see the floating image of colorful globe at the top-center of your computer screen. Hover your mouse insertion point on the globe you can see the related features.

Most importantly the 'translate' feature where if you want to know the definition and the meaning of certain word, you just highlight the word and click the 'translate' icon, it will straight away display the pop up panel complete with the dictionary of your highlighted word.

the link http://www.englishwriting.net/ doesn't work from thread, need to copy/paste it. it's not the free software.

Post Demo video how Babylon8 works

Quote Originally Posted by Sachin View Post
    the link http://www.englishwriting.net/ doesn't work from thread, need to copy/paste it. it's not the free software.
    Thanks Sachin for informing and I have edited its insert link, now everybody can starts clicking on it. So sorry for my less in this case. It's free and I have activated it to my kid's computer although she is an English spoken person. Very good for her tertiary learning where it linked to various sites in providing further info.

How it works; http://www.babylon.com/systems/pages/demo.html

Default I need to improve my english

I really amazed when you write the article's in English.
    I like the way you write in every format.
    But there is problem in my writing English and i have to improve it.
    I know you are very busy person Micheal, but people like me need help to improve the language.

So i wish you can you start new thread for "Tutorial of posting in forums and method of writing in English in prove way to attract the readers.."

These is problem i have seen by many people and they are facing..

So many don't know what is forum and what to do with it...and others don't have quality to write.

Reasons :
    1)I need to be article writer
    2)I need to won digitalbhoomi article contest.

Seriously i am telling i need to improve my English & forum posting and i need Micheal and DB members help.

Post How to improve your written English by using Digital Bhoomi forum

24 January 2010

How to improve your written English by using Digital Bhoomi forum

Thanks so much Karan for your sincere questions in your reply and it is really an opportunity without risk for me to explain and take this follow up reply as a special article to all Digital Bhoomi members who got interests in improving their WRITTEN ENGLISH.

Here are the rules and not tips, the meaning of rules in this case the procedures for you to follow;

Focus on making REPLY POST

Do not put keen of interest in uploading new thread because your posted new thread is a main gate that shows the color of your English proficient level where it is seems 'a must read' by all netizens. So what thing to initiate?

Keep on responding to others main thread as before you make reply it needs QUALITY READING from your observation before you upload your reply post. From here or at this point you gain knowledge how to apply SMART READING through QUALITY READING. This is the beginning process to learn about Quality Reading and Smart Reading;

1. How to read (start from the title, head, and body section)
    2. What to read (every words and don't jump the sentences)
    3. Which reading point to prioritize (related to the title)
    4. What thing to sort (every important point related to the title)
    5. What thing to solve as reply writing content (to the every point you found in Item 4)

Which post is a good posted main thread for my first 100 reply posts in this learning process?

Reply only to the posted thread uploaded by 'Newsposter' because from his shared news naturally you will read formal written English published by the verified and calibre news authors. Which means you already gained the world formal and standard British English as he shared BBC News web articles.

How to proceed with Quality Reply Post?

Follow these steps published in this thread; http://www.digitalbhoomi.in/forums/s...ad.php?t=18180

How long does it takes for me to reach my written English high confident level?

100 reply posts is very enough for you to obviously see your self-improvement as a good beginner before you make entry to advance level.

Which philosophy or what philosophies for me to apply in inspiring me to make this new change and to 'fly'?

1. Practice Makes Perfect
    2. Seeing is Believing
    3. Do Good to Make Better

When is the 'killer' time for me to post new thread in Digital Bhoomi?

Self-confident naturally built up after you have practiced all of the above rules. No point waiting because during your first 100 reply posts learning process you had gained lots of ideas how to post superb and astonishing new threads. The perfect 'flying' time for you to make entry with very nice plumage and landing every time you ended your words of conclusion in every new thread you have composed.

THE BEST NEVER STAY LONG AS DEVELOPMENT AND PROGRESS ARE CONCERNED IN GENERATING NEW IDEAS.
    Last edited by michaeldadona; 25-01-10 at 01:38 AM. Reason: plural for IDEAS

Post How to understand the published news for quality reading and quality re-sharing

OK Karan, this post ( Ups and downs ) is an example for the above explanation how to interact or make reply to 'Newsposter' main thread while learning written English. HOW to simplify what has been published by the news author Mark Simpson, Ireland correspondent, BBC News for common readers to understand what it's all about.
    Last edited by michaeldadona; 25-01-10 at 08:44 PM. Reason: simplify

Post Babylon 8 and the features

This is what I meant for the FLOATING IMAGE for Babylon 8 and the features. It float on top-center on the computer screen, once any text highlighted, the globe revolves and the related features displayed waiting for our selection.

Attached Images Attached Images

Unregistered

Default English writing skills

You can improve your writing skills by practice and using the effective words to attract the readers. The words to be used in English writing should be simple and easily understood by readers and should be attractive as well. You can get a lot of online English tutorials available on wiziq.com

Quote Originally Posted by karan View Post
    I really amazed when you write the article's in English.
    I like the way you write in every format.
    But there is problem in my writing English and i have to improve it.
    I know you are very busy person Micheal, but people like me need help to improve the language.

So i wish you can you start new thread for "Tutorial of posting in forums and method of writing in English in prove way to attract the readers.."

These is problem i have seen by many people and they are facing..

So many don't know what is forum and what to do with it...and others don't have quality to write.

Reasons :
    1)I need to be article writer
    2)I need to won digitalbhoomi article contest.

Seriously i am telling i need to improve my English & forum posting and i need Micheal and DB members help.