Thread: Tips to check adulteration...

Exclamation Tips to check adulteration...

Some useful tips to check adulteration and contamination :

Milk – Put a drop of milk on a polished vertical surface. If it stops or flows slowly leaving a white trail behind, it is pure milk. Milk mixed with water will flow down immediately without a trace.

Honey – A cotton wick dipped in pure honey burns when lit. If there is water in the honey, it will not or at least create a crackling noise.
    Sugar and salt – Dissolve the sugar or salt in a glass of water. Chalk or stone will settle down at the bottom.

Ice cream – Pour some lemon juice on it. If little bubbles fizzy it contains washing powder.

Ghee or butter – Add a spoon of ghee or butter to an equal amount of cleaning acid, a pinch of cane sugar and shake well. Crimson reveals the adulterant, vanaspati.

Coffee – Sprinkle some coffee powder on a glass of water. Unadulterated coffee will float but chicory will sink within seconds and will also leave behind a trail of color due to a large amount of caramel.

Tea – Rub tea leaves on a paper. Artificial color will stain it. If sprinkled on a wet filter paper, it will show pink or red spots. Move a magnet through it and iron bits will move.

nice tips to check adulteration....I will surely try these tips....

Thanks Jayaji for your tips , and these are some of ready to do tips at home. Some points I have mentioned earlier too.

this is really nice tips.I recalled what i read in class 10th.Adulteration was one topic in my subject.genrally people add brick powder in chilli and in coriander powder,they add animal waste.

These tips are very good and informative. I shall try. I have one more tips about milk adulterateation which is :
    Milk adulterated with water can be easily found out with an instrument called lactometer. The lactometer measures the specific gravity of milk.

Milk adulteration is happening rampantly within the city. Milk bags are laced with harmful ingredients like starch, urea, and detergent. Anti Adulteration Tips:

1.Filter Paper Test
    2.Density test
    3.Water contamination checks

All milk is heated too develop a sour look. It is the milk protien and also why the cheese is too hot for a grainy texture and becomes nearly indigestible. Athlon This has nothing to do with milk quality or pollution or chemicals. I grew in raw milk on a farm where there were no chemicals used in fertilizer, pesticide-free and hand bills, properly cooled, etc.

This is truly nice information. I have one additional tip about milk adulterateation, boil 5 ml. of the sample in a check tube. Cool and a drop of iodine solution. Blue colour indicates attendance of Starch. colour disappears on hot & reappears on cooling.