Thread: Question to NRIs

Question Question to NRIs

Do you really like staying abroad? What attracts/retains you there?

Unregistered

quality of life, less red-tape, better air quality - To start with.

Unregistered

Default Nri

Specious considerations like patriotism aside, the quality of life IS really better in most western countries. Of course the trade off is that you miss family and friends but the fact is that most large cities in India are a mess. True, talented people work there and do world class work etc., but most cities outside the offices are hell holes.

The key to doing well abroad is to be broad minded, really get into life here and not ruminate incessantly about back there.

I'm LOVE my India and often feels lonely here and used to think of returning to India. But what are the things that stop me are

1. Salary - Though didn't save anything yet, after coming to Swiss only, we were able to close half of our debts (we spent lakhs for the operations of my mother in law, and few other lakhs during my elder SIL's marriage)

2. Life Style - Buying power is more here. Even a middle class family can buy whatever they wish. For example, we wished to buy a flat TV. The next day we went and bought it for 600CHF, which is around Rs.30000 in India. If we were in India, atleast we need to plan before 4 - 6 months and save money (that too if you are earning really good sum)

3. Fear of Life - Though there is no guarantee of life anywhere in this world, it is more bad in India. For example, take the recent incident where a police inspector died in Tirunelveli while people watching around. Atleast this won't happen here.

4. Child Abuse - In India, even now in schools kids are abused much more compared to other countries like US, Switzerland. Abuse varies from beating, pinching to making the kid sit alone in the classroom (as mentioned in one of the post of Roopa) as punishment. If the parents go and fight against that, the kid will suffer more consequences.

Can add few more...

Yes Meetu. you will be able to add more. Let me remind you about the incident in which an elderly neighbor of yours who was feeling breathless was shifted from one of the top floors in a few minutes and taken away in an ambulance.

Quote Originally Posted by jayashree s kumar View Post
    Yes Meetu. you will be able to add more. Let me remind you about the incident in which an elderly neighbor of yours who was feeling breathless was shifted from one of the top floors in a few minutes and taken away in an ambulance.
    Yes chellamaaa you reminded me of the good point I forgot.... Here human life is so valuable, that you can see atleast 10 people ringing to ambulance / police if they see anyone collapse on the road... There, even a minister gem won't care for people....

Another one thing I fear in India is politics. Can anyone darely able to criticise even a MLA or just some one, who has influence in politics? Next day a gunda team will come and attack you or your family members. Who will dare to question with a threaten to life.

But see, how people questioned when Bill Clinton was found having external affairs... How much power people had to question even a president of the country... Will that be possible if were in India?

Am not from india, but like them very much. I wish means to be there. Can i know lives of india here. I would like to know about hindis. Hope am not offending the forum or the country.