Thread: Inception - Movie Review

Smile Inception - Movie Review

"Inception," the first feature from director Christopher Nolan since his enormously successful "The Dark Knight," is a movie about dreams. But, there is a slight boundary between "dreams" and "fantasy". This movie is more of fantasy and imaginary stuff. I can't stop comparing this movie with Shutter Island which was a total crap anyway.

Here is the plot....The deeply troubled Dom Cobb (Leonardo DiCaprio) provides a unique service for his corporate clients: stealing secrets from the subconscious of their competition. Cobb cannot return to the U.S. because something happened to his wife. When the Japanese industrial magnate Saito (Ken Watanabe) asks Cobb to plant an idea in the mind of his rival, Robert Fischer (Cillian Murphy), it's an offer Cobb can't really refuse: Saito will get Cobb back home to the U.S., and his longed-for children.

I am not a big fan of movies that have plots that defies the logical common sense. I can't watch souls leaving the body and illusionary visions and hearing voices and so on. I don't like this movie much although it's not as bad as Shutter Island. I don't think it lives upto the hype it generated.
    Last edited by Movie Review; 18-07-10 at 10:34 PM.

Tatarka

I like Christopher Nolan's body of work but this thing is a bloody mess. DiCaprio is fine as is the rest of the cast, the only problem is the story itself. "Hard to follow" isn't always a bad thing, but if you're gonna make the effort, it better be worth it. "Inception" is not. Nolan has and will make a lot better movies than this. A failed yet noble effort from one of the best directors working today.

This one is really hard to follow... Anyhow, nice and different story, just what expected from Nolan

Inception is one of the mind blowing film as it blow your mind with lot of sci fi effect .

ya supb movie
    i like all sci-fi movies

Inception is fantastic film. I have seen it last night and enjoyed it. I can't wait more for buying the DVD for the same film.

Thumbs down Inception REview

Quote Originally Posted by susan View Post
    Inception is fantastic film. I have seen it last night and enjoyed it. I can't wait more for buying the DVD for the same film.
    oh really?! I think the story was written by a mathematician, retarded mathematician actually.

Every character in the movie is dreaming up. Then they'd dream inside the dream. Then they dreaming inside that dream. Then dream on more level down. Confusing enough? I'm glad that I didn't watch this movie in the theater. Thank God, I could just fast forward lot of crap in the DVD and finish this movie. what I relief when the movie ended.
    Be Happy. Just Enjoy Your Life!

I have watch Inception movie many time.The movie seems to me very interesting.