Thread: NRI investment queries!

Default NRI investment queries!

i am an nri and want to buy immovable property like home and land in india..can anyone pls help me regarding the legal issues?

Quote Originally Posted by meera krishna View Post
    i am an nri and want to buy immovable property like home and land in india..can anyone pls help me regarding the legal issues?
    If you are an Indian citizen, you can buy anything here. If you are not an Indian citizen, then you cant buy agri lands in India. you can buy home anywhere whether you are a citizen or not.

there is no legal issue. just the issue of ridiculously-overpriced real estate

can you imagine that 2BR apartment near coovum river (all that s** of chennai reach there) cost 1.5 crore?

if you decide to take a plunge, come to India and visit places, check disputes of the title, take the pulse of the local market and then buy.

propertyexpert

Any person citizen of India can buy any thing situated in India, There will be no legal issue...

Well If you are citizen of India then you can buy anything in India because taxation law give you permission to buy here any kind of property. But If you are not Indian then you can buy agriculture land and home property. If you wanna do business and for business purpose wanna purchase land then you have to do legal process for business and then you can purchase commercial land.