Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My jouney with DB- 3 Years and still going strong!

Thumbs up My jouney with DB- 3 Years and still going strong!

I was pondering over my journey with Db and was thinking what has kept me
    associated with this forums for so long and then I realized I just completed 3 years with DB.
    And I think it's time I acknowledge how important db has been and still is for me. I wanted to write this testimonial after completing 5 years but then I couldn't hold it longer. May be I'll write another one then

Db has been there in some of my major transitions in life :
    - from a member to moderator.
    - College student to a Systems Engineer
    - from 'cya' to 'Thanks and Regards'

I opened my first bank account for db

Honestly I started writing here just to earn some pocket money but without my realization it became an addiction and money was out of picture soon.

Over time I've realized the difference db brings in, is that the members are not just discussing stuff online but we're also connected on an emotional front.

To quote an incident, I was so disappointed when I got to know J was at my work place and I couldn't meet her (Got to know about her visit later).

By the way J, Abhi is doing great. He knows what he wants in life.
    (For the benefit of other members, Abhi is J's Son who works in the same company as I do)

And yeah how can I forget to mention, db was the first thing that made me smile after I was back home from a major Surgery.
    Friends I used to hang out with were nowhere around and the members whom I've never met were praying for me.
    It was such a 'feel good' moment.

Most importantly db gave me my First Boss - Ram, I continue to work with
    He's not just trusted me with the moderation of forums but has always given me great career advices.

Love you Ram. You're THE BEST!
    And for the millionth time THANK YOU!

It feels really good to read, how some small things, change our lives forever and for good! All the very best to you Manisha!

Same here Manisha, Db is not just a social forum , but for me I can visualise every member when I read their posts, thats the bonding. E-bonding may be.

What I love most in db is that when you write you are sure you are heard.

Ram, I enjoy writing and reading , though I have become somewhat lazyyy nowadays.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jyothi_pv1 View Post
    Same here Manisha, Db is not just a social forum , but for me I can visualise every member when I read their posts, thats the bonding. E-bonding may be.

What I love most in db is that when you write you are sure you are heard.

Ram, I enjoy writing and reading , though I have become somewhat lazyyy nowadays.
    Thanks. E-bonding it is. Most of us can't write every day. However, few quality posts from you make huge difference.

Thumbs up Congratulations and Celebrations...

Congratulations and Celebrations, I want the world to know I am happy as can be...

Congrats Manisha for being closely bonded with Digital Bhoomi and all her members...DB is a "she" according to me because I feel the warmth of a mother's hands and heart whenever I write and share here, because I know that as Jo says, there are people to listen to you and also interact with you...

Manisha, I am your follower because I joined Digital Bhoomi on the 25th Feb 2008 - just 15 days after you...

I too had been wanting to write in celebration of my 3rd year here on the 25th. But since you have written here regarding the same topic, I join you and let us celebrate and rejoice the beautiful time we all have here whenever we meet each other through our posts, threads and private messages.

Digital Bhoomi is a Forum which has been giving me immense pleasure ever since I joined till date and look forward to more and more enjoyable moments while reading and writing in this Forum.

I just happened to become a member through some link which I clicked and I was looking for something enjoyable post VRS and DB became a part of me and I wouldn't call it an addiction now but an affection which makes me log into DB daily without fail.

Digital Bhoomi not only makes us share our knowledge and experiences and views but also is a platform for people like me to think about our childhood, relive our past pleasant memories by posting our experiences and cherished memories...

I am glad to have found so many young friends like Manisha, Meetu(Mythili Kannan), Jo(Jyothi), Nimmo(Nirmala Reddy), Revathi Seshadri Funlover and shyco.

And of course, who can forget Mike (Michael Dadona) who has contributed lots of threads, suggestions, advices to all the members?

Wonderful friends...

As Manisha puts it very aptly, there is an emotional bonding too among some of our friends who love to exchange personal views, feelings and thoughts. All this among members who have not even seen one another in person,that's the greatness of having true relationship.

Manisha, I regularly inquire Abhi about you too.

Another thing is I am able to interact with members of all ages. It is heartening to share our thoughts with intelligent youngsters as well as experienced elders. This is a Forum where members look at the views and discuss and not at the age. There is an opportunity to discuss and even argue at times, learn new and better things and also teach and share good experiences.

Last but not the least, how can I conclude this post without a word about our dear Admin Ram...

He has been wonderfully managing this Forum with able support from moderators like Manisha, Mythili and Viveka. One needs to be a regular member here, active too with their posts and threads to really experience the sincerity and promptness of Ram who encourages writers, rewards the members through the monthly contests, accepts valuable ideas and suggestions and also implements them, rectifies complaints or mistakes immediately. No other site or Forum holds contests regularly on a monthly basis like Digital Bhoomi. DB has been recognizing the best posts with cash prizes right from the time she was introduced to the E world and this is her fourth year...

We all look forward to more interaction, lively discussions, new friendships, greater fun and enjoyment by sharing our thoughts and feelings in the years to come...

Thank you Digital Bhoomi and thank you friends...for being a part of me...and for being a C O L O R F U L Forum...

Quote Originally Posted by jayashree s kumar View Post
    Congratulations and Celebrations, I want the world to know I am happy as can be...

Digital Bhoomi is a Forum which has been giving me immense pleasure ever since I joined till date and look forward to more and more enjoyable moments while reading and writing in this Forum.

Digital Bhoomi not only makes us share our knowledge and experiences and views but also is a platform for people like me to think about our childhood, relive our past pleasant memories by posting our experiences and cherished memories...

I am glad to have found so many young friends like Manisha, Meetu(Mythili Kannan), Jo(Jyothi), Nimmo(Nirmala Reddy), Revathi Seshadri Funlover and shyco.

And of course, who can forget Mike (Michael Dadona) who has contributed lots of threads, suggestions, advices to all the members?

Wonderful friends...

We all look forward to more interaction, lively discussions, new friendships, greater fun and enjoyment by sharing our thoughts and feelings in the years to come...

Thank you Digital Bhoomi and thank you friends...for being a part of me...and for being a C O L O R F U L Forum...
    Thanks J for such a wonderful post.Its been a year for me in DB and tough i am very irregular in DB,but i am very happy.

Fortunately i have got a few very good friends from DB ,who share,guide and help me too.

I am thankful to DB for given me great friends like Jayashree, Mythili And Mike.

I too am looking forward for more friends and lively discussions.

tough i am very irregular in DB
    Nimmo, I think you mean Though and NOT tough... Thank you too for being a friend and one who shares good things in Digital Bhoomi, a spam free forum...

10th February, a day to remember in my life. It has two special reasons. One, it is my engagement day and two, it is the day I joined Digital Bhoomi, 2 years before.

When I look at my 3.9 years old son, I always wonder as "Did I live in this world, before he entered into my life?" Nothing I can remember. I feel as if I had bond with him from the moment I were in this earth. Did I live alone as a baby, as a girl, as a student, as a daughter, as a wife and as a human in this world, before him? No. I don't remember at all. I have him all the time.

This same level of thinking comes when I think about my bond with digital bhoomi. It may look as a hyper content for few. But those who know me here can understand. I feel as if I am in digital bhoomi from the time my back dated memory can reach. It always remained as a place for me to relax, a stress buster. Sometimes I just rush when I feel sick with something and pour my words out, even without editing it. It always been there when I needed. Thanks my dear Digital Bhoomi.

You gave me lots of friends like Chellama (J aka Jayashree), Mike (aka Michael Dadona), Nimmo (aka Nirmala), Roops (aka Roopa Raghavan), Ram (aka Administrator), Jo (aka Jyoti) and a lot more. The AKA itself shows how intimate we are here. Because we can call friends by nick name only when we have reached that comfort zone. So, aren't we?

Blog Entries

Thank you all for the wonderful testimonials. I am speechless after reading each post in this thread. This forum is successful mainly because of quality content from members like you. I sincerely hope that we would continue to meet/exceed your expectations.