Thread: Iron Man 3

Default Iron Man 3

[WARNING] : SPOILERS AHEAD!
    Iron Man 3 is a reminder of what happens when power gets to evil hands. Power here is the new technology extremis which can regenerate lost limbs in human beings, but can also go horribly wrong when it can make people explode. It is unclear what the evil Mandarin hopes to do with this power, but he definitely means to kill the President of the United States, who is unfortunately never very well protected in movies. The President suffers a few humiliating moments when he is made to hang in an Iron Man suit several feet above a shipyard while Stark (Robert Downey Jr.), Rhodes (Don Cheadle) and an army of Iron Man suits attempt to rescue him and Pepper (Gwyneth Paltrow) from exploding extremis beneficiaries. The focus of the movie is the gadgetry, and the miracles of modern science which is a good thing, because the few attempts at sentimentality were a hopeless failure. The movie’s best feature was, of course, Ben Kingsley, the substitute Mandarin, who deteriorates from a grand panjandrum to a two-bit lecherous actor in the space of a few minutes. The young boy Harley (Ty Simpkins), I think is thrown in as an attempt at sentimentality which I already remarked was a hopeless failure. The movie is a visual treat in 3D and quite gripping in parts especially when the suit tries to rescue passengers who are sucked out of Airforce One (one really has to be willing to suspend disbelief!). There is nothing Stark cannot escape from. He can lay hands on tools, equipment, and cars 24/7 and, like Rumpelstiltskin of yore, spin junk into homing fragments of metal armor.

Release date: May 3, 2013 (USA)
    Director: Shane Black
    Stars: Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, Guy Pearce
    Running time: 130 minutes
    Producer: Kevin Feige
    Production companies: Marvel Studios, Paramount Pictures

Rating: 3 out of 5

Iron Man 3 is a wonderful movie. According to me, it is the best in the series. Robert Downey Jr. is charming. I am waiting for the fourth installment if there is any.