Thread: Detective - Malayalam Movie Review

Default Detective - Malayalam Movie Review

The movie starts with the death of Reshmi (Sindhu Menon), wife of Mohan (Suresh Gopi) an upcoming politician, who values and follow morals in politics. He was selected as the candidate for the upcoming by-election by his party, after their party MLA of that area died due to heart attack. When Mohan was out of the city related to the election, his wife was found dead in their house bedroom, locked from inside. She consumed rat poison which caused her death to happen. All findings of Police point the death as a suicide. Though no suicide note was found at the first level of search, later a note which just says "I am committing suicide due to my husband's arrogance" is found from the bedroom desk drawer. So, Mohan gets arrested as a suspect, being the reason behind his wife's suicide. Due to many political pressures, the case was given to Shyama Prasad (again Suresh Gopi, who was introduced as the half brother of Mohan. They share same father with different mothers).

Mohan first proves the suicide note as a fabricated one with his intelligent investigations and finds the culprits behind that false suicide note, which was purely a political intention to get Mohan out of the election by his rivalry team in the same party. So, when the Top officials get relaxed saying "It is just a suicide, but fabricated to trap Mohan", Shyam shocks them saying that it was not a suicide but a well planned murder. He leads the investigation further making us to get more interested in the movie. He makes a list of suspects and investigates intelligently and at the end finds the real killer, who was an unexpected person, but with well believable reason.

Strength : Nice movie, without any dragging or too much of political dialogues or usual Suresh Gopi's muscle power show.

Weakness: Even though the movie was interesting, I felt something missing, that can make you sit at the tip of the couch and make you to hear your heart beat, waiting for the next scene, like in the CBI Diary Kurippu kind of movies.

Verdict: Can be watched at least once, and yes, you will not be disappointed.

Blog Entries

you are pretty good in writing reviews. I feel like renting & watching the movie after reading your reviews.
    Be Happy. Just Enjoy Your Life!

Funlover, this movie I got to watch in youtube. I watch movies either in DVD or youtube, if it has good print.