Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best way(s) to save money

Blog Entries

Cool Best way(s) to save money

India is becoming more of a credit society. people spend just like that without thinking about savings. It's a great time for all the retailers. Young crowd doesn't want to save, they just want to party in Noida clubs. Can anyone share the best ways to save money for youngsters?

I can think of this: Stop booze. No one will listen. So, the practical one is "Pay all credit cards in a month". Do you guys think of anything better?

No way we can do it.

As one old tamil song says,"thirudanaai paarthu thirundhaa vittaal.."

Unless they change themself,we cant do it..

Quote Originally Posted by funlover View Post
    India is becoming more of a credit society. people spend just like that without thinking about savings. It's a great time for all the retailers. Young crowd doesn't want to save, they just want to party in Noida clubs. Can anyone share the best ways to save money for youngsters?

I can think of this: Stop booze. No one will listen. So, the practical one is "Pay all credit cards in a month". Do you guys think of anything better?
    I accept all your views Funlover but as of now i dont possess any credit cards and i make a savings of around INR.1000 per month from my salary and other part time work.... I wish to invest my hard saved money in a well known firm where my investments will be safe and there is a gradual increase forever in it...If you could help me in this regard i would be happy...

The suggestions for saving money are great. You have to keep control of your credit spending. Do go look at the rising balances of your credit card account. You see it in black and white, that you have to pay these back. Saving money has to be a decision. Get money from each check, and place it in savings. If you have more money - you can get a CD and they have higher interest rates.

I feel PIGGY BANK is the only safer than safest way to save money... all other sources are hidden robbers...

I'll tell you how my Grandmother saved money. She went through the depression, and World War II. So she learned something about saving money. I asked her for some money to buy a cheap car. She fussed about it. But then she went to the closet, she got a Maxwell House coffee can out. She opened it up, it was filled with rolled up hundred dollar bills. She gave me four of them. She was mad about it. She never bought extravagant things for herself. She lived simply.

An Investment mad is a Saving done, but the vice versa is not always true.

Default urbing on expenses - for the youth

Take a loan from say a bank - invest in a piece of land/a house. It will surely appreciate. From then on, most unplanned spenders tend to calculte the amt available for spending after setting apart the loan instalment amount only. The committment made is a Saving for the future sure.

investment in property of course yields u big gain but it depends upon your luck . the land should be free from encumberance be careful

Real estate is good way to save money because of ever rising prices. Other ways invest in Unit linked plans with reputed companies which will give you good returns in long run.