Thread: mushrooming of engineering colleges, Good or bad?

Smile mushrooming of engineering colleges, Good or bad?

Though at one time, it looked as if the mushrooming of engineering colleges all over Tamilnadu and the rest of the country boded ill for the community, experience has proved otherwise.

Now a student from a rural hamlet can get the same engineering education as his urban/metropolitan counterpart thanks to the engineering colllege near his/her house. Engineering colleges also understood that to stay in the race they had to provide quality education and this they ensured by getting good, qualified teachers and also by providing the required infrastructure.

For parents, it is a boon as they can now still see their child who goes to college from home.The mushroomnig of colleges quickly ensured a downtrend in fees, which parents could afford. And it is this that has ensured our elevation of India as a IT global hub in a short time. India opening its doors to globalisation and the large scale advent of the world wide web are also additional factors which helped this boon.

Blog Entries

I am not sure whether the fees came down. Many private colleges still charge hefty premium.

The colleges started demanding for high fees.They got a word called "campus placement" and robbing everyone who crosses their college.I donno where its gonna lead us...

Quote Originally Posted by ammuthalib123 View Post
    The colleges started demanding for high fees.They got a word called "campus placement" and robbing everyone who crosses their college.I donno where its gonna lead us...
    Do u mean they are charging high fees because they provide placements? are placements guaranteed?

Unregistered

Default mushrooming of engineering colleges, Good or bad?

The mushrooming of engineering colleges will lead over a period of time to 3 stages :

1)Just a few years(4-5 years) into the boom anyone and everyone will be able to become an engineer.
    It won't matter if your enterance rank is six or even seven digit, you will get into some college .
    Now the quality of engineers starts to suffer as your lectureres won't be as good and neither will your infrastructure be that good.
    Colleges will ask the gov't to let anyone join the colleges no matter what their rank or marks are just to fill the seats and get the fees.

2)After about 10 years companies will have a lot of people to choose from so only a very small percentage will get placed. A lot will just have to move out of the country to find decent employment. The industry will be just too small for such a large workforce.
    Salaries will start to fall and you will notice that a lot of companies will start firing the low level workforce every 2 or 3 years just because they can get and train freshers to do the same job for less. The Bad colleges will start to shutdown now.

3)After about 15-20 years,only the good colleges will remain and by now due to the growth in the economy enough jobs will be available for most engineers.

Finally,although this will lead to a better future in the long run there will always be a lack of good engineers (who are also innovators).

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    After about 15-20 years,only the good colleges will remain....
    I really hope so...

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    I am not sure whether the fees came down. Many private colleges still charge hefty premium.
    I think 'tarmat' doesn't read newspapers. He should change his comments immediately. Every engineering student and their parents are now in heavy anger against high fees collection (more than what the govt. has fixed) but 'tarmat' mentions that the fees has come down.

Quote Originally Posted by rstu866 View Post
    I need a couple of things from AARON and I'm wondering if anyone out there can provide them to me.
    who is Aaron? another spammer?