Thread: Sirtris Reports Promising Diabetes Study

Blog Entries

Default Sirtris Reports Promising Diabetes Study

American company Sirtris Pharmaceuticals Inc. said its formulation of resveratrol, a substance found in red wine, helped diabetics lower their blood sugar in an early-stage clinical trial.

Sirtris is working on commercializing resveratrol and related drugs to fight a number of diseases. Advocates suspect resveratrol may also increase life span, though that hasn't yet been shown.

Sirtris released results on Monday from an early-stage study involving 98 diabetics at an investor conference sponsored by J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. in San Francisco. It is the first study to show beneficial effects in humans from resveratrol. Previous studies had focused on mice and rats.

Nice thread.
    Thanks for sharing

Hi Mr Administrator,

Thanks for providing this good health care thread, I agree for what you've suggested by promoting that scientific research. Currently, in US majority take "resveratrol" type of drink and good reputation from the general public about it.

I will share this thread to all of the affiliate sites provided below.
    FOR VISITOR$ TO JOIN THIS FORUM CLICK HERE
    Prosperity sharing with our lovely Digital Bhoomi (DB)
    Follow DB-Twitter Follow DB-YouTube Follow DB-Facebook

How long does diabetes take to develop? I had a fasting glucose test in late 2006 which returned normal. I went back to the doctor this week and he recommended I retest every 1.5 years to monitor that until I bring certain risk factors under control. Is it possible to go from normal to full blown diabetes in a year?

Thanks for sharing