Thread: Are there any students program from ISRO or NASA?

Default Are there any students program from ISRO or NASA?

Hello everyone! My husband and I work in Alabama, USA. Last weekend we went for a trip to the Huntsville Space Museum in Alabama along with colleagues. It's an amazing place to be. It's designed to showcase the hardware of the U.S. space program and the facilities of the United States Space Camp. Moreover they organize a space camp for teenagers from all over the world, where the kids can get a hand-on astronaut training experience. Since my 14-year-old son (in India) has a keen interest in space i was wondering if i could enroll him for the camp, this summer. However, i don't know the details of the registration process for kids in India. Can anyone help me on this?
    Also, let me know if there are any students programs offered by ISRO or NASA which i can get my son enrolled for.
    Last edited by poonam.jain; 04-02-09 at 01:51 PM.

Of course you can enroll him for the Space Camp. In India we have an organization called Space Camp India, who take students to the Space Museum at Huntsville, Alabama. In fact my niece had enrolled for the camp last summer, and to be very frank... she has had the best days of her life so far. I have seen her pictures in astronaut suits, doing various astronaut training activities, and also making many new friends! Also, from the time she has come back there's a remarkable improvement in her confidence level. I think your son would enjoy this trip too ... Check out their website for more details - spacecampindia.com . The registration process has already started online!