Thread: Google's Hiring Freeze

Blog Entries

Default Google's Hiring Freeze

I just heard about this from a friend that attended interview in Google few weeks ago. His status is on-hold, because Google placed hiring freeze.

I guess it is because proposed Microsoft-Yahoo merger. Stock market is already pounding google down every day. It's no wonder that google froze the hiring.

At the outset, would like to point out that this is a squeezed to dry topic. The discussion about a reported merger between Microsoft and Yahoo sprung up little less than a year ago.

As per Wall Street Journal , Microsoft brought up the topic which was instantly rejected by Yahoo. Therefore, the deal remains dead.

I fail to understand the relevance of this issue at this point of time.

Blog Entries

It's a fresh topic. In fact, it's a hot topic right now! Microsoft officially submitted offer just few days ago. Yahoo hasn't responded yet. Everyone in silicon valley is curious to see how this would end up. This is a big threat to google, so it stopped hiring temporarily. Isn't it relevant to "Jobs abroad" forum?!

Quote Originally Posted by lawyer'sden View Post
    At the outset, would like to point out that this is a squeezed to dry topic. The discussion about a reported merger between Microsoft and Yahoo sprung up little less than a year ago.

As per Wall Street Journal , Microsoft brought up the topic which was instantly rejected by Yahoo. Therefore, the deal remains dead.

I fail to understand the relevance of this issue at this point of time.
    microsoft-yahoo merging might be dry news to u but google froze hiring is a very fresh topic for us...

came across this thread today... wow thats a piece of news to me.I though Google would never be affected by MS-Yahoo deals wrt the hiring dept.

Default Microsoft is looking to acquire Facebook!

After its failed bid on Yahoo, Microsoft is under pressure to craft a strategy for competing online that doesn't involve Yahoo. So, it informally approached social-networking Web site Facebook to gauge its interest in selling itself to Microsoft, says a person familiar with the situation.

Microsoft's investment bankers recently contacted Facebook as it looked likely the giant software company might back away from buying Yahoo, the person said. Things are getting more dramatic.

[Additional info]

This would explain why many high profile officers from Google (incl. their CTO) are flocking to Facebook in the recent weeks. Facebook is the ultimate winner -- It might be worth more than the initial speculation of $15B!

google-yahoo merger sounds new news to me. I would read more about this merging story.

Thanks Mr Administrator,

Sharing the latest news about it.

From my point of view, MSN and Yahoo are both parties in desperate situation with different problems. Where both are less in the respective points of lack of subscribers for MSN, while Yahoo lack of fund. From this point, MSN started the offer to Yahoo with one "mandatory" condition from the many.

From what I noticed through my reading and the news on TV(Business Program), what made Yahoo reluctant to grab that offer from MSN because the said "mandatory" condition is MSN was planning for shutting down surfing Google page; the combination will stop MSN/Explorer user from reading their emails. Yahoo smells the unfriendly competition in internet world business from that offer.

To promote "blessing in disguise" to eyes of the world, Google now seems like making an "elephant tears" from the rising issues to European Commission(EC). That is why Google drastically taking action ~ stopped job offers and all things related to it. All netizens understood about the fact Microsoft doing this because many years failed dominating the web.

But now, in US as Microsoft cannot run away from EC it happens that this issue really a razmatazz to legal department in Microsoft pushing their limit of struggles and vis-a-vis the EC...hahaha! preventing Google be a web monopolist. What a nice business story. My opinion, Yahoo is a victim in this issue because if merger happened means Yahoo no longer a superb web search and content provider.

The only thing good from this merger, I found that giving chance to Google be a real competitor in the market to provide more valuable innovation in future in the openness business war.

Google will be back offering jobs after Yahoo answered the MSN calls for a merger. The smart strategy done by Google, not looking to be a winner but just enough as a gainer. This business story reminds me the recent international political development between NATO - Georgia - Russia related to US - Afghanistan - Pakistan.

Thanks Mr Administrator for providing this good discussion.
    FOR VISITOR$ TO JOIN THIS FORUM CLICK HERE
    Prosperity sharing with our lovely Digital Bhoomi (DB)
    Follow DB-Twitter Follow DB-YouTube Follow DB-Facebook