India Forums  

Go Back   India Forums > Forum Index > Jobs > Online Jobs / Part Time Jobs

Online Jobs / Part Time Jobs Discuss the "genuine" employment opportunities for jobs online. Our members analyze various internet jobs available and online job opportunities. Any spam will be deleted as soon as we spot it. This section is ***MODERATED***

Welcome to India Forums from Digital Bhoomi!

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics/threads, participate in Forum Contests (Win $50!), Earn Points, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other great features. Registration is super fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please refer our Help section or Contact us. Please also read How to use this forum.
Closed Thread

Old 04-02-09, 07:19 PM   #1
lrkasbekar
Enthusiast

Default Mturk - A good site for online workers

In the world of online work from home sites, there are scams, scams and more scams. But one company that stands out is mturk. It is an Amazon company. You have to register on the site as a worker. Once you do that, you are taken to the list of tasks available, also called as HIT. Choose the HIT that you want to work on.

Complete the work and submit it. Once your submission is accepted by the requester (the employer), your account is credited with the fee for the task. You can withdraw this amount in Indian Rupee via a cheque, after paying $4 as cheque processing fee. I got mine today.

You can work on as many HITs as you want. In certain cases, the client may keep the task exclusively reserved for you, if you are good. I have been contracted by one of the employers to work on the hypnosis articles that he wants.

The HITs can be quite simple like registering at the site and sending the username to the employer or more complex task like audio transcription. You can choose the task as per your skill level. Certain employers do offer bonus if you do good work.
lrkasbekar is offline Report Post  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lrkasbekar For This Useful Post:
ameernaasar (23-03-12), mustafa (28-03-11)
Old 05-02-09, 11:18 AM   #2
Manish393
Wizard

Thatís nice find, I will check the site to know more
Thanks
Manish393 is offline Report Post  
The Following User Says Thank You to Manish393 For This Useful Post:
ameernaasar (24-03-12)
Old 10-02-09, 02:16 PM   #3
ekta74
Zealot

i have worked for mturk..they will either pay you through check or through amazon gift certificate..in order to get check,they would ask you for id proof like pan card,state identity.
ekta74 is offline Report Post  
Old 14-02-09, 01:01 PM   #4
rameshramaiah
Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekta74 View Post
i have worked for mturk..they will either pay you through check or through amazon gift certificate..in order to get check,they would ask you for id proof like pan card,state identity.

what the jobs is all about? could you please tell me so that other members also get benefitted from your explanation.

YOU give the details of that i will do that from my end..
rameshramaiah is offline Report Post  
Old 17-05-09, 08:03 PM   #5
canadamom

Default mturk

This is really good for working at home.
canadamom is offline Report Post  
Old 31-05-09, 11:08 AM   #6
Unregistered

Default mturk

in how many days the mturk check reach in india?
Old 31-05-09, 12:31 PM   #7
ramavarshny
Zealot

Smile Mturk - Mechanical turk

Hi friends,

Mturk stands for Mechanical turk, Amazon based company, details of which is available in wikipedia in the following link...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazon_Mechanical_Turk

And HIT stands for Human Intelligence Tasks... The website of Mturk https://www.mturk.com/mturk/welcome stats that 52089 HITs are available (viewed the site on Indian time 12:23 pm).

I have seen several work from home sites, but this is the first work from home kind of site specifying technical qualifications/skills required for taking up a task. And they conduct tests to see whether a person is qualified to do the HIT. I have never seen such a site (which may be available).

I dont know whether the site is true or fake, but found it different from others.
ramavarshny is offline Report Post  
Old 31-05-09, 01:55 PM   #8
ghanashyam
Enthusiast

can you please send me the link for the site . i am good at transcribing the audio files to word files.
ghanashyam is offline Report Post  
Old 01-06-09, 07:11 PM   #9
ramavarshny
Zealot

Smile Link

Hi

The link is as given in the previous post..

https://www.mturk.com/mturk/welcome

Audio transcription HIT is provided in the site, and for most of them your qualifying points need to be at least 100 (depends on complexity of the task). They recommend downloading the audio/video file and write the content in the space they have provided.

All the best...
ramavarshny is offline Report Post  
Old 29-10-09, 02:20 AM   #10
Unregistered

Default how to connect with mturk

hi, im new to this site, by what time the registration from india accepted, thanks...regards...randy
Closed Thread